Friday 27 September 2019

September 2019 Photo Hunt

End of September already.  I can't believe how quickly the year is flying by.   Kate has given us a
really  autumnal selection of words this month.  Here are my selection.

 


Cosy.

My first thought for cosy was warm, glowing fires and as we don't have an open fire I remembered how our son and his wife's dogs, Jess and Roxy, took the warmest spot in front of the fire when we all went on holiday to Northumberland.







......................but then as I was searching for the photographs I came across this picture.  I had not even thought of this but when I saw it I thought.....yes...a cosy....a tea cosy.






Changing Foliage


We went for a lovely walk along the River Wharf  where it flows through the grounds of Bolton Abbey, Yorkshire.  The colours were amazing.  I had so many pictures to choose from but this one with the stark whiteness of the tree trunks against the autumnal colours caught my eye.




   

We were lucky there was a sculpture exhibition all along the walk and I just adored these birds on the rock.




Scarf


Oh which one to choose.  I have many.  My favourite light weight ones hang on shower curtain hooks on a coat hanger and I have a drawer full of warm ones.  When the weather turns cold I have two favourite ones, both warm and cuddly, one from each of our families for Christmas over the last two years.


























Cobweb


Frost on a cobweb on a leylandii hedge.






My Own Choice


There is something special about receiving a unexpected present, especially when it is so beautifully hand made.  This one was gifted to me by Susan Smith another blogger and faithful follower of Kate's blog.  It is  beautiful.  Thank you Susan.




Now to go and see who else has posted this month.



18 comments:

  1. Lovely set of photos & my first thought was like yours, a warm cosy fire, then I too found a photo of tea cosies......., if I do the hunt. Your spider web is unreal & the walk along the Wharfe brings back thoughts of our walk there just recently (boo hoo). THANK YOU!!! Take care & huggles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan for your comments. Please go back to my blog and read the comments that are below yours. So many people are loving your quilt as I do. Xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos - that cobweb looks amazing with the frost - thank goodness it is not that cold yet! It won't be long before the dogs can snooze in front of their own woodburner :) thank you for joining xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jess had taken over prime position in front of the fire. Glad you love my cobweb. Xx

      Delete
  3. Your foliage photo is just gorgeous Jak and the sculptures in the forest are great ... that'd be a lovely surprise to come across those. The dogs certainly look cosy and that beautiful quilt will be perfect for the cooler evenings - what a lovely gift :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the sculptures were an unexpected surprise on that lovely walk. The quilt is in the perfect position to be just pulled down over my knees as it gets colder.

      Delete
  4. The quilt is a lovely gift, joint favourites for me this time of the two adorable dogs and the first shot at Bolton Abbey - those rich autumn colours are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Bolton Abbey is a wonderful place to be whatever the season. Bluebells give off their quiet fragrance in spring.

      Delete
  5. Such a wonderful set of pictures. How lovely to receive such a beautiful and unexpected gift through the post. I don't think I have ever seen a frozen cobweb, the is a great photo. Your foliage is stunning and I love that you use shower curtain hooks to store your scarves, a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like my shower hooks on a coat hanger for my scarves. Those orange clips are clothes pegs to stop the scarves from sliding to one side.

      Delete
  6. Nice photos! I was beginning to think you were not going to join in but after my day out I found you were there! Love the bird sculptures and the autumn foliage. Nice quilt too! I should have thought of tea cosy but....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My tardiness was due to the fact I could not get on line here in Alloa due to my being an idiot!but finally managed it. X

      Delete
  7. Well I have to say cosy is a fave.My Labrador would do exactly the same. The tea cosy is lovely too and how lovely, a sculpture trail at Bolton Abbey .x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That sculpture trail was an unexpected but pleasant surprise. So you are a labrador fan too. We don't have a dog now so enjoy Jess and Roxy and Kate's Moss.

      Delete
  8. Such beautiful photos, I love the very cosy pups! The web looks amazing with frost on it, I don't think I've ever seen one for real. Your gifted quilt is beautiful, such pretty colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That quilt was a wonderful surprise and is so beautifully made.

      Delete
  9. Some stunning photographs, love the dogs looking all cosy in front of the fire.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you.As I write this the dogs are lying in front of their fire.

    ReplyDelete