Friday 29 May 2020

May 2020 Photo Hunt










Another strange month.  Fortunately we have had wonderful weather making it easy to be out in the garden. But I feel for those people who live in flats or houses with no garden.  We live near an A road and it has been wonderful having very little traffic.  Makes the air feel cleaner and fresher and the birdsong seems louder all around us. We usually have a criss cross pattern of contrails above us in the sky but now most days we have only seen one or two.  No wonder the air is cleaner and the sky a deeper blue.

I have drawn my pictures from my archives again as we have been at home now for 9 weeks. 




Circle

I have had this picture for years waiting for the right time to use it and at last I can.   I am not telling what the picture is, see if you can guess. 



Triangle


Many shapes can be found in nature and here is a good example.  With a bit of imagination the stripes on the shoulder of this zebra form a triangle.









and how about the giraffe's necks and legs, more triangles.





                                and here is a genuine triangle and a rectangle together in this sign.







Splat!! 


            Eldest grandson having wonderful fun in our bird bath in Kiepersol, South Africa in 2000. 




My Own Choice


Continuing with the theme of shapes I have another circle.  This was Ben our German Shepherd in South Africa.  He excelled at obedience and agility. Here he is framed by one of the agility hoops. 








Finally, the answer to my question, what is the subject of this photograph?

It happened completely by accident.  I was making a Chinese recipe and had to mix together oil and soy sauce and this is what happened before I mixed them together.  The liquid is in a stainless steel bowl.  Did you  guess it correctly?




Now off to see what everyone else has done this month.  Enjoy the good weather, long may it last.  Keep well and stay safe. 




8 comments:

  1. Oh so clever with the zebras & giraffe & their triangles. I so like your splat picture too. Certainly had no idea the circle may have been oil & soy sauce, though I thought it might be car oil magnified. (giggle). Take care, stay safe & huggles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were on the right track with oil though I suspect car oil would not have tasted so good. As you go into winter we are absolutely sweltering here. The driest and hottest May for ages.
      Keep safe. xx

      Delete
  2. I thought the mystery picture was a muddy bubble so I was nearly there. The splat picture is perfect. The African animal pictures are clever and the dung beetle sign is fascinating. I agree with everything you say about how much clearer the sky and the air are. It's extraordinary how fast it happened. I don't think I've ever seen the world quite as bright as it is at the moment. Like you, though, I feel for people without gardens at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I failed at the guessing game! Glad you revealed all at the end. Looking at Eldest today, it made me smile to see the photo of him in 2000. Gosh how those 20 years have flown by. I thought your triangles in the zebras was very clever and my favourite! I agree, thank goodness for the dry weather over the last couple of months. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great selection this month.
    I had no idea about the oil and soy... how interesting and great you could at least use a picture you had saved.
    Always something lovely to see when I visit here each month.
    We've been at home for just over 11 weeks now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your triangles, the one on the big zebra looks like Hershey's Kiss chocolate!
    Your grandson is adorable and Ben is gorgeous.
    No, I never would have guessed that was soy sauce and oil, so many circles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! Yes, I almost had it right....I thought oil and balsamic vinegar ready for a salad dressing!!
    That pic of your grandson is just delightful, so full of warmth and sunshine. And of course your shape interpretations with the animals are really very clever!
    Lovely to stop by and visit :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh I love the circle - very clever - I thought it was an insect's eye or something like that. I love all your photos but as always my favourites are the giraffes - love them.

    ReplyDelete