Thursday 17 December 2020

Kate's Friday Photo hunt - December 2020






Well here we are - the last Friday before Christmas.  In spite of this being such a strange, tragic year it seems to have flown by.  Maybe subconsciously we have been trying to get to the end of it in the hope that 2021 will be better.  

I have entered more than one tree - bit of a cheat really but I have connections to both of them.  The first is the tree in All Saints Church at Earby where you may recognise quite a few of my paper angels.   The second is our own little table top tree.  We decided to down size our tree and passed our large 6ft one on to Youngest to use in his digs at Uni.  We now have a neat little one, much easier to decorate and store.  It is all silver this year which has made it hard to photograph, so forgive the rather fuzzy picture.  








We have also made a large star to hang in our window this year.  It shows well from the road so we are pleased with it.  Only problem is the lights show up in triplicate in our double glazed window.  




Couldn't resist taking this picture with the lovely sky behind the star.




 



This year Christmas will be very different.  Instead of all the family coming here for Christmas Dinner we are having dinner for just the two of us whilst Kate and her family will be at  home and our son and his wife will be in Scotland and we will hopefully all be connected by Zoom.  Should be interesting!!   








So here is wishing you all a very Merry and safe (and if like us a Zoomy) Christmas and best wishes for a better 2021. XX

 πŸŽ„πŸŽπŸŽ„πŸŽπŸŽ„πŸŽπŸŽ„πŸŽπŸŽ„πŸŽπŸŽ„πŸŽπŸŽ„πŸŽπŸŽ„πŸŽπŸŽ„πŸŽπŸŽ„πŸŽπŸŽ„πŸŽπŸŽ„πŸŽ






7 comments:

  1. It's nice to have a smaller tree I think. Love the church tree too. Your star looks very effective. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen your lovely star several times now as we drive past. I do like the extra lights it has via the double glazing window. Did you make all those paper angels on the tree? You have been busy. Happy Zoom times next Friday. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tree looks lovely, all twinkly and festiveπŸŽ„ - the soft fuzziness makes it all the more magical looking :) Your paper angels show so well on the church treeπŸŽ„ - well doneπŸ₯° xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely C & ours has happened yet, but I'll try & post later today, as I do have an idea. I too think the year has flown, but then I feel there hasn't been a year & I voiced these thoughts to a younger person, who felt the same, but thought maybe she was weird & hadn't told anyone. I think we need to share how this year has affected us, even if it's just a few friends. Take care, stay safe & huggles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your paper angels make the church tree look really pretty and I love your star in the window, especially with that beautiful sky behind it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The paper angels look fabulous on the tree and I love the star in the window too ... very festive πŸ˜ƒ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both are beautiful trees and I love your star with the lovely coloured background.
    Thank you for all of your previous comments on my blog, I don't have your email so I haven't been able to respond.
    Wishing you a very Happy Christmas, even if it is via Zoom!

    ReplyDelete