Thursday 18 February 2021

Kate's One Word Photo Hunt 18/02/2021

Another week has flown by and for once I had planned what I was going to do.  My friend Threads through my Life is always so good on checking that I am ready and this week I was able to tell her I was all organised.  

The title for this week is 'Unexpected'.


My picture this week is of a most Unexpected surprise ....... a beautiful cyclamen, a present from Katie and Himself.  They were kindly dropping off a little bit of shopping we were needing and this was inside the bag.  It was a most unexpected and most appreciated present.  πŸ§‘





But then she produced another unexpected surprise a couple of days ago.  She had been tidying up and found this..........



................a Christmas card, unopened, addressed to us, from Youngest and his GF.  It was an unexpected surprise gratefully received and the added illustrations inside made us smile too.    An extra unexpected bonus has been that when I scanned and enlarged the picture we saw there is a robin perched on the deer's back that we had not noticed before.  Thanks Youngest and GF.🧑




But how can I do a weekly blog without my usual dose of animals from Africam.com.   I was watching the screen when suddenly this head popped out of the bushes.  

So Hello - he was an unexpected surprise. 



This was an unexpected surprise too.  I had just been looking at all the water plants that have grown since the pans and dams have filled after all the wonderful rains that have fallen in Southern Africa when this popped up.    I felt the hippo was actually watching me watching him!!!  (Not good quality picture but taken of  computer screen and the camera man had zoomed in very close).





This blog has been unexpected for me too as I had only planned to use the cyclamen picture this week  but 'like Topsy, it just growed. **'

(** Quote from Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe)

Have a good week everyone, take care and stay safe.  






12 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about one's post just growing and growing! Love the giraffe. Great picture on the Christmas card, all with a cute Bob too. You will have to display it this year! Thanks for including an Africam picture. I see nothing as interesting in my Zambezi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Card put away for next year. We are wondering if you have checked for hippos in your Zambezi. They may be lurking along with some crocodiles.!! (Hope not) x

      Delete
  2. Isn’t it amazing how one thing leads to another and before you know it you are in a totally different path. I love the cyclamen, so vibrant. I think the giraffe is my favourite though ... or is it the Hippo πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hippos are fascinating but very dangerous. They kill more people than any other animal in Africa each year. Though I must admit I do love that photograph of it peeping through the green water weed.

      Delete
  3. Lovely photos ... it's so nice to get flowers at the minute - a real herald of spring. But oh the giraffe - gorgeous - and the hippo - what a surprise .. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and the flowers were such a surprise. I suppose it is because of their height that giraffe often pop their heads out before you see the rest of them. πŸ˜€

      Delete
  4. I like the cyclamen and the giraffe but my favourite is the Christmas card, such an unexpected find and so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the Christmas card was a surprise and the comments and illustrations inside amused us too. πŸ˜€

      Delete
  5. Yes, you have a lovely daughter who is looking after you both through this pandemic & it's the little things that count. Our friends from Zim also watch Africam & tell us some bits they see. Take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we are lucky to have loving family either close by or at the end of a phone and regular texts from Scotland. I don't know where we would be without Africam. It is on screen all day and evening till bedtime unless computer is being used. πŸ˜€ Keep well and safe. Glad your restrictions are less strict now.

      Delete
  6. Aww, glad you like the cyclamen, I do love the giraffe - definitely my favourite πŸ¦’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. πŸ₯€πŸŒΉ Thank you, we loved the cyclamen. Still doing well. There is something about giraffe, πŸ¦’they are always so comical and elegant at the same time. Love them too. 🧑 xx

      Delete