Friday 10 September 2021

Astrid's Photo Scavenger Hunt for the week ending - 10/09/2021

 Pizza, there's a yummy topic for us to post about.  The only trouble is we hardly ever have pizza but quite fortuitously our youngest grandson and his girlfriend asked if they could come round and see us today and so we hurriedly bought a pizza each for them and one to us to share, for a treat.  Relief....I had something I could post about.


                                         There are of course, other brands available.





I added some sliced tomato and a little extra cheese.  As they were already Four Cheese Pizza I suppose they were now Five Cheese Pizza. (Picture a bit out of focus, but as we have eaten the pizza I can't retake!!)






Cooked and ready to take out of the oven.





Ready for eating








The proof of the pudding is in the eating, except in this case it was a pizza!!

Four clean plates.



Before we  had these pizza pictures my only entry was a picture I took of a recipe in a magazine in the optometrists last August.  I have tried the recipe and it was very nice and easy.





I see it uses mozzarella cheese, I wonder if it was Buffalo mozzarella cheese, which is I understand, the best kind there is.  Now as I always try and include an African picture for my Lovely Lady friend,  here is one just for her.  

A herd of buffalo at Rosie's Pan in the South African game park keeping cool and refreshing themselves.






Now off to see how others have used the prompt this week.  Thanks Astrid for keeping us on our toes each week.




7 comments:

  1. I thought I was going to struggle this week but an in depth trawl of the archives found an almost embarrassingly amount of pizza photos 🙈. That sausage pizza recipe looks fabulous 😃

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are not pizza people so had a problem but fortunately grandson and GF's lunch saved the day. That sausage pizza was a Jamie Oliver quick meal I think. I photographed a couple. They were all done without yeast and in a frying pan. Our favourite was Sausage Calzone. See you next week with Fall, I presume is Autumn for us. Not so difficult. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sausage calzone sounds good, I’ve had a bit of an unfortunate event today which I think I can incorporate into ‘fall’ for next week along with some autumn … but I will tell you more about that next week 😂😂😂

      Delete
  3. Apologies for my late comment! I do think you were right to add extra cheese and tomatoes to the shop bought pizzas. I'm not a fan of sausage meat so will give your pizza recipe a miss but it does sound good. I feel special you included some 'mozzarella buffaloes' for me. Don't know if you've ever tried to grate real mozzarella but it does not want to comply! I now always buy the grated stuff! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have tried, unsuccessfully to grate Mozzarella cheese!! I too buy when necessary!!

      Delete
  4. Perfect time for pizza, family visits!
    I like your addition of tomato and extra cheese, it looks delicious. Is there such a thing as too much cheese? Not on my pizza!
    Thanks for sharing the recipe, I'll have to show DH.
    The buffalo all look very relaxed, especially the ones laying in the water!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Buffalo often come to this water hole - it's called Rosie's Pan. No idea who Rosie was! The elephant like to come here and we watch the babies swim with their little trunks sticking up like snorkels!!

    ReplyDelete