Friday 24 September 2021

Astrid's Photo Scavenger Hunt for week ending 24/09/2021

 

This week's word is Ball.  Once again I have trolled through my archives to see what I could find.  The beauty of this exercise each week is finding long forgotten photographs and even events. So thank you Astrid for stirring up lovely old memories each week.



My first picture was taken through Betty's Tea Room window in Harrogate.  Kate and her two boys and I spent a lovely afternoon walking around the town.  We found ourselves at Betty's but the queue to get in was outside the door onto the pavement so we found another delightful tea room tucked away down a little alley.  But looking at this picture I decided those biscuits in the front could pass as a ball, not sure what they are. 





Then there are Christmas baubles .......................


and Balls of wool ................



and even this beautiful double petunia .............



and of course, genuine footballs..............


But my favourites have to be of our grand dogs..............


This one of Moss is taken using a photo crystal ball. Kate has taken some lovely pictures using it and this one I think sort of fits the ball word even if it is not the most flattering of Moss.

.

   

and how about these taken on holiday in Northumberland of Jess, our son and daughter-in-laws' dog stealing a ball from a complete stranger!!  What manners!!








This last picture is of Roxy taken on Christmas Day here in the UK when we were dog sitting as our son and his wife were away in Capetown for Christmas.  She had only just resigned herself to the fact that she had been deserted, neglected, was unloved and was stuck with us, in spite of the fact that she spent a lot of time with us normally, when they Skyped us to wish us a Happy Christmas and poor Roxy was all confused again as the spoke 'out of the computer' and they were were not with her.   She is managing to look most miserable here. 






Now that's my lot for this week.  I actually have one more to put on but just can't find it. That is the reason I am late this week.  Who can resist an invitation to a ball?  It is not where I thought it was.  If I can find it I will add it.

Take care and see you next week....oh dear it will be next month.  Where is this year going to? x

7 comments:

  1. Gosh, Roxy does look so sad and as you say unloved, neglected etc etc. Now why didn't I think of balls of yarn??????? I'm sure I've one or two tucked away ..... The double petunia looks very good but my favourite has to be the photo of Betty's window. Recently we have driven past Betty's and, guess what, there is still a queue there! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you do have a couple of balls of yarn you could have used!!! Surprising that queue is still there after all that time. Hope it is not the same people queuing!!

      Delete
  2. Fabulous … isn’t it funny how you look at other peoples photos and think … why didn’t I include my crystal ball photos ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. I think those biscuits are little crabs. We did call into Bettys in Harrogate when staying there for the weekend with friends … I had my first ever proper macaron … it was scrummy, though obviously a bit pricey ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I think you are right, they do look like little crabs. We have two green glass 'dumps' that I had planned to photo and use, but completely forgot in my mad search for my invitation. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dog in the globe is Cleggy - which is why it is not a flattering one of Moss! haha I'd forgotten you'd had Roxy for christmas and she took it personally :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry Moss. Of course it is not you. Colour and markings all wrong. Ha Ha ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿฆด๐Ÿฆด๐Ÿฆด

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all great ball photos, especially ALL the ones with the dog(s) in them!
    I think those biscuits look like crabs too, just fat ones!

    ReplyDelete