Thursday 21 January 2021

Kate's One Word Photo Scavenger Hunt 22.01.2021


Moon ...this week's word.... but I don't have any decent moon pictures.  The harvest moon I took two years ago is one of those lost in my computer transfer - my fault.   So in desperation I felt I would have to think 'out of the box'.  My mind went to Blue Moon (that picture I took last year was not worth keeping) but immediately Doris Day and her Blue Moon song came to mind.  I thought I may have to really go out of that box and post a picture of the record cover.  






 Found this one of Nat King Cole.






                                                             or maybe a book title.....

                                                                                    




Now I'm getting desperate. But my search turned up other 'Blue Moon' things I had not heard of before.

 The Farmer's Almanac



                               or even a beer!!


Then the other evening I could not believe my luck.  We were watching TV with the computer showing Kwa Maritane Game Reserve and there was this beautiful moon rising in the night sky.  I took the pictures of the computer screen, relieved that at last, and without any fuss, I had my moon picture.  .



Then blow me down, two nights later, there was the moon again, this time reflected in the water of the dam at Nkorho Game Lodge.  I was spoilt for choice.  Whew relief!! 






So there is my Moon entry or entries.   Did not need to panic after all!!

Now off to see what other Bloggers have posted.  Keep well and safe all of you. xx 

17 comments:

  1. Absolutely excellent! a brilliant 'out of the box' post :D x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou. I could not believe it when the moon appeared just when I needed it....twice!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's a great post! I was laughing out loud at the blue moon beer, who'd have thought that something like this existed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were even more mad things when I googled 'Blue Moon'. I had fun finding these when I thought I did not have a real moon picture!!

      Delete
  4. So glad you had prepared your moon pictures before you saw the Africam ones. I too like your 'thinking out of the box' set of moon photos. Ah yes the song Blue Moon. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I had no idea so many people sang Blue Moon but I selected our favourite versions of it. x

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks. Talk about luck. We could have been looking at any of the eight different Africam sites but that night it was rising over Kwa Maritane just where we were keeping an eye out for animals coming to drink. x

      Delete
  6. Well done on thinking outside the box, then finding some in Africa at just the right moment. I found it hard too for this one. Take care, stay safe & huggles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am inclined to use my phone camera, easier to download and work from than my bigger fancier camera but it does not take good moon or night shots of UK skies. It was just luck that we were looking at one of the 8 cameras set up around the African game reserves, the one with a moon rise. Keep well stay safe too. xx

      Delete
  7. Great photos. I love the song Blue Moon

    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The picture you took yourself is extraordinary. I'm trying to work out what it is. If the the moon is a 'C' it's waning, so is this the 'old moon with the new moon in its arms' (although I've only heard the saying the other way round)? You must miss Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your comments set me off checking the moon calendar in Southern Africa for the 16th January. Seems our moon is seen differently there. Says it was a waxing moon. January 13 was a new moon and January 20 the 1st Quarter. All back to front. Loved your description of the old moon with the new moon in its arms. Not heard that one before. We always looked out for the Southern Cross in the night sky. Thanks for the interesting research. I've just taken which way it was facing for granted. And yes we do miss Africa, the happy memories and friends but not the state it is in now. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great thinking outside the box and I like the last picture with the moon reflected in the water, it all looks so calm and serene :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you. It does look peaceful. Just wonder what will happen there later in the night. A pair of rhino often come to that pan to drink if we are lucky enough to see them. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am slowly working my way through all of the Jack Reacher series but haven’t got to Blue Moon yet 😃

    ReplyDelete