Friday 8 January 2021

Kate's Weekly One Word Scavenger Photo Hunt. 08/01/2021

 

Joining in Kate's one word weekly photo hunt.  My friend Threads through my Life reminds me a week or so before each monthly photo hunt and she is now kindly reminding me mid week!  It's not that I forget, its just that I don't remember to actually do it.  I hope you all had as good a Christmas as you could under these strange circumstances.  Our family got together on Christmas Eve to have our individual Christmas dinner  together on Skype (you don't get a time limit like you do on Zoom).  There were five groups of us that got together and we joked and teased as usual when families gather. 


Gifts

I had some lovely gifts, most loving made.  One from Kate was something I had seen on FB and sent a very big hint to Kate (well actually I sent the link, can't be a bigger hint than that) knowing she could craft it herself, which she did.  It is a makeup bag in the most gorgeous material.   It opens out flat to display its contents.  The inside is a beautiful pale blue waterproof fabric.  I love it.  There are so many things to discover in the pattern in the material, not just the very obvious tiger.  Flowers and leaves are made up of tiger tails, peacock feathers and other hidden joys like the gorgeous birds.





               


We too, like Kate, were fortunate enough to receive a woodland felted animal each.  The  10cm silvian creatures had been lovingly dressed in tweeds and tartan.  Even their gift tags were hand made.  Beautiful.  One is a gorgeous little mouse with soft ears and the other a Basil Brush type fox dressed in tartan trews and scarf.  They had been made by Eldest Grandson's girlfriend.  She must have spent ages making them.  Here they are, standing on my desk, watching me type this. 


          


Another favourite gift is a bit of a cheat actually, a gift from me to me.   Our daughter-in-law in Scotland works from home now but had joined a knitting group of ladies from the office who met fortnightly in their lunch hour and still do, but on 'Teams'. They had all exchanged presents for Christmas and Jenn's was such a delight that I ordered two, one for me and the other for Kate. But as I have not seen Kate since the brief Christmas present exchange, it is still sitting here.  So unfortunately I cannot show what it is..............keeping you in suspense Kate??

So instead I am including a very precious but odd present.  On Christmas day Kate and her family drove round here and left a couple of bags full of presents at our front door, rang the bell then stepped away.  After Christmas wishes to each other - socially distanced of course - we lifted up the bags to take in and leave ours for them - and there was an extra present lying there.  A wet stick, courtesy of Moss.  She had dropped it with their parcels.  It made my day!!  Anyway I brought it inside, dried it on a radiator, then decorated it with strings and ribbons from our presents.  It then lay in pride of place amongst the bits of greenery and lights forming a garland on our windowsill.  It is now packed away for use next year.


         
  

To conclude our Christmas gift exchange, when Kate and her family had got back home, only 4 miles away, we linked up again on Skype and had Christmas Cake (home made by Kate and kindly left with our presents) and mince pies with our brew and opened presents 'together'.  We had similarly had mince pies and coffee with our son and his wife who live in Scotland that morning and opened presents together.  So all in all, Christmas was not perfect, but as good as we could make it.

Great excitement here, B is going to have his vaccination this afternoon at Two Minutes to Three - the time he is booked in!!  I'm such a spring chicken I have to wait a bit longer till the over 75's are called in. 

Now to return to Kate's page and see what other have done this week.   Keep well, stay safe. 💓





18 comments:

  1. They are all so beautiful. Thanks for saying who made the felted critters; she is very clever. For me the best picture is Moss's present; even more so after you decorated it. It is a lovely stick too, so it looks like Moss has 'inherited' good taste from you all! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nearly all the comments are about Moss's stick. She is such a darling!! x

      Delete
  2. Whate lovely gifts, you are very fortunate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we were both very spoilt by our families. x

      Delete
  3. Moss's present left me speechless, what a lovely surprise. :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing, picking up the bags and there was this stick||x

      Delete
  4. Thank you for sharing the drawstring back - it was a first time make for me and it was something I had to really think how to do❤️ glad you like it 😘.
    I do like what you have done to Moss's gift to you (haha) she is such a lovely dog x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do so love my makeup bag. The material is lovely and I admire all the work you put into making it for me. 💓 xx

      Delete
  5. I love the little felt animals, especially the mouse, but the best present for me has to be the stick from Moss - I bet if she could have wrapped it up she would have done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Moss' present was such a surprise and made us smile. Such an appropriate place to drop it!!

      Delete
  6. How lovely to receive one from Moss too, but I adore those felted animals and what a clever young lady Eldest's girlfriend is. The bag from Kate is also lovely & she does so well with anything she puts her mind too. Envious!!! Take care, stay safe & warm and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry re late reply. Where does time go to these days. Those two felted animals are standing on my desk. They look lovely. G.F. is very clever with her hands.

      Delete
  7. Those are some beautiful gifts, and I love that you made the gift from Moss a forever treasured keepsake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is now packed carefully away with the Christmas decorations for use next year.

      Delete
  8. I love your make up bag ... I’ve been meaning to have a go at making these but haven’t got round to it yet 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is lovely. A couple of years ago I saw the same on FB but huge, at least 4ft across and it was being sold as a toddlers' toy bag. Just put all the toys in the bag and pull it tight. Also available in a net fabric for bath toys. Thought it was clever then and now I have my own version!

      Delete