Friday 11 June 2021

Astrid's Photo Scavenger Hunt - week ending 11/06/2021

 


This week the word Astrid has chosen is Berry.  I used my favourite berry picture last week with the rain drops on the Cotoneaster berries so I have to think again.   


Strawberries - I made a cake for Katie's birthday last week and covered it with strawberries and cream.  I forgot to take a photograph of it but I do have one taken a few years ago, also covered with strawberries. 






A lovely bowl of English strawberries just waiting to be eaten.





Some cut up to eat with out Muesli for breakfast.




Again a picture I have used before.  This is a fruit spread we prepared for our daughter-in-law's birthday a few years ago while they were still here in Lancashire.  If you look carefully you will see Strawberries, Blackberries and Raspberries in amongst the other fruit.




Finally, when I told B that this weeks' chosen prompt was Berry and I was trying to think of what berries I could use, he immediately came up with such an obvious Berry.



Dame Mary Berry - our favourite TV chef/baker.  You can hardly believe she is 85 years old.  For those who don't know her, she was a judge on the original Great British Bake Off television programme.  She has written over 80 cook books and inspired many viewers to get baking.

Sorry, not a very imaginative selection this week.  Hope to do better next time with Flags.

Now off to see what others have done.

5 comments:

  1. It’s strawberries for me too this week Carol ... never thought of Mary Berry though lol. I used to work for a Mr Berry ... though not sure he would have appreciated embarrassing photos included on my blog ... though I’m sure some of my readers would have been amused 😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely selection. I do so love fruit. The cake would have been delightful to eat as your baking has always been good. B did very well with his suggestion! Favourite picture? The strawberry covered cake and scones! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've chosen plenty of delicious berry photos! The cakes you made look wonderful and so does that collection of fruit, super yum. I didn't even think of that Berry, perfect! I have yet to make any of her recipes, but I think I'll be getting a book or two at the library now. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your berry photos & especially the last one. I have an old book she wrote before I ever knew she was a famous celebrity in the UK. Thanks for my comment, but we've had i'net problems with floods & wind damage in our state. Take care, stay safe & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a lovely cake indeed :) thank you xxx

    ReplyDelete