Thursday 1 July 2021

Astrid's Photo Scavenger Hunt - week ending 01/07/2021

This week's word chosen by Astrid is Sparkle.  Simple I would have thought till I started searching my very disorganised archived photographs.  I eventually found it, quite by chance as I was actually looking for another in this set of pictures, quite forgetting about the one I have chosen.



Taken on a day when my son and his wife, Kate and her family and their respective dogs went on a walk together in 2008.  This picture is of Kate's family and Cleggy, Moss's predecessor, crossing some rather dangerous looking stepping stones with some very young grandsons.  They are both strapping young men these days, towering over their parents.   I love the way the water glistens and sparkles in the sunshine. 


 





My next pictures is of my own 'sparkles'!! I was given this broach and earing set as well as a few others for my 21st birthday.  It must have been fashionable then.  I have hardly ever worn them as they are a bit to flashy for me, though I did wear it on a 'little black dress' years ago.




These are a few more 'sparkles' from my jewellery box.  Most belonged to my mother.  The two of  broach clips that split apart were my mothers' as was the one with 3 'pearls' that I do wear on a black coat.  

The crystal necklace is made up of two.  The larger crystals at the bottom and the smaller ones belonged to my grandmother and made a very short necklace so my mother combined that with the larger round, slightly coloured crystals from a necklace of hers to make this longer one.  It is too old fashioned for me but I treasure it all the same. 

The last I want to mention is a marquisate and silver broach of a lion with a ruby eye given to me by B when he was in the BSAP (British South Africa Police).  It is of their regimental badge - a  lion, shield and assegai.  I think nowadays they are called 'sweetheart broaches'. 





 Well that's it for this week.  Now off to see what others have done.  Take care everyone.

5 comments:

  1. You are very organised and getting ahead this week. Lovely photo of the stepping stones … I’m going with water too this week 😃

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can’t remember if I’ve commented on your post or not 🙈. But just to say that I’ve gone with a sunshine sparkle on the sea for my choice this week too. It’s always so beautiful, but sometimes really hard to capture 😃

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely sparkles! My favourite is the first photo; how small the boys were in 2008 compared to now! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the photo with Kate and family, and what great sparkles in the water.
    Such lovely jewelry, what treasures to have in your family! I really like the flower with the pearl in the middle.

    ReplyDelete