Friday 6 August 2021

Astrid's Photo Scavenger Hunt for the week ending 06/08/2021

 

This week's word selected by Astrid  is Friends.  This sent me on a search through my Archives stored on my Photostick - all 3000 plus. I'm going square eyed but have found a few suitable ones.  I don't like using pictures of people without their permission so have stuck to mainly animal friends or our own children taken many years ago.


I have again used pictures of Roxy and Jess, our 'granddogs'.  Roxy is sadly no longer with us but we have pictures to remember her by.  When Jess was brought into the family Roxy immediately adopted her as her own and they remained close friends.


Roxy and Baby Jess 




                                                              






One of my favourite pictures of the two of them. They loved lying on the windowsill watching everything going on outside. 







Taken while on holiday in Northumberland in our rented farm cottage.  They are both worn out from the day spent on the beach.

Roxy and Jess with our cat Jak vising them while we were away for a week.  He soon would get fed up when we were away and would just move in there for the day, then go home again at night. 



I was delighted to find the next couple of photographs during my scroll through my archives.  I had forgotten how lovely  they were.  Being old pictures the condition is not brilliant but it depicts the word 'friend'.


A young Katie with Barnie the dog, TDR the rabbit and Sam her cat who was named after a pop star of the time, Sam the Sham.  He was a 'sham Siamese' as he had all the characteristics of his Siamese mother, voice included, but was black, I assume he took after his father (a wandering Tom) so was a Sham Siamese; TDR stood for That Damn Rabbit as that was what B used to call him when he misbehaved in the house where he roamed freely.




Max was a fully trained working dog who failed as  he was too gentle and not good at jumping - can't have a patrol dog who could not jump fences or would greet the 'accused' rather than apprehend them!!


He absolutely adored his family and was wonderful with the children, protecting them all the time, accepting Katie's brother as just another addition to his family.






That's it for this week.  Now off to check on others interpretation of the word on Astrid's blog page at http://astridxstitching.blogspot.com/        Thanks for hosting it Astrid. 






4 comments:

  1. As usual Jak, a lovely set of photos and such great memories and stories. Love the ones of your children with pets. I've 2 favourites, the dogs in the window seat and Kate with the cat, dog and TDR (great name by the way). x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some lovely photos and good to meet your blog namesake 😃

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your "friends" photos & wish I had some good ones of our old pets & the kids. Thanks for sharing, take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe, more sweet pets, I love it! I honestly can't pick a favourite, ALL the photos are so precious. Although the one with Katie and the critters is especially cute! Thanks for sorting through and sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete