Thursday 20 May 2021

"Astrid's Photo Scavenger Hunt - 21/05/2021"


 This week we have been challenged to find photographs to fit the word 'Rain' - not too difficult in a rainy country like the UK.  Fortunately 'Threads through my Life' suggested we took photographs last week when we were forecast plenty of rain.  So here are a few taken outside our lounge window.


    Here comes the rain.............




Sky getting really black now.............






It's here, beating against the window.






I have used this picture before but I just love the sight of rain drops falling off the cotoneaster berries after the rain.  Taken by B using his lovely camera Kate gave him.





Finally, after a very heavy African rain storm the ground at the Cat-Eye pan is completely flooded.  I've just found out that it is called Cat-Eye as the camera is literally at cat eye view.  The other cameras are much higher up. 



As a point of interest, the rocks in the foreground are placed right around the camera hides to keep out the inquisitive elephants.  The  piles of rocks completely surround all the cameras at the various game parks. 



That's it for this week. Now off to see what the other bloggers have posted.

8 comments:

  1. We certainly have had no problem taking pictures for this one this week have we. It is absolutely throwing it down here in The Midlands and feels like it has been all week. Love your cotoneaster picture ... the rain certainly does add something there. I am more than ready for a bit of sunshine now though ... even the gardeners have surely had enough for now. Take care 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love the rain drops falling of the berries too - makes a nice cheerful picture are all the previous grey skies. I think we have all had enough rain but at least it is not cold as well. I'm longing to get out and do some gardening. Got lots of jobs to do. x

      Delete
  2. Love your storm clouds gathering. It certainly is a good photo of the damp cotoneaster! It might be a bit drier tomorrow but then Sunday..... sigh. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One thing about our big lounge window is the views of sunsets and weather changes across Weets. I thought the cheerful red of the cotoneaster would be a change from all the previous grey photographs. Hope it is drier tomorrow, got lots to do. xx

      Delete
  3. Sorry I'm so behind in commenting, thanks for joining in.
    I hope by now things are not so wet and rainy with you, but it did make for some great photos! The rain on the berries is really a fantastic shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes we have dried out and about to have at least a week of sunshine. Hopefully summer is here as spring seems to have passed us by. That rain on berries picture was taken by B - on a rare occasion when he used his camera. He relies on me taking them with my camera phone. xx

      Delete
  4. First of all let me say 'thank you' for putting me onto Serenade Radio, I've just listened to the most gorgeous instrumental version of A Man Without Love played by Joe 'Mr Piano' Henderson and his orchestra. It looks like this is going to be my 'go to' radio station when I'm on my pc :)

    I like your shot of the rain on the window, the Cat-Eye pan certainly looks very soggy, but my favourite is the cotoneaster shot, it looks really pretty with the raindrops on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, yes I love that cotoneaster with the rain dripping off the berries, B does not often use his camera but when he does he puts thought into it, me I just snap away on my camera phone!! So glad I have introduced you to Serenade radio - thanks to Saga Magazine's letters page. Enjoy it. We now have Africam.com on the computer screen all day with lovely background music. I have just accidentally turned on the lyrics though with these singers we can always understand every word, not like today's 'singers??'. x

    ReplyDelete