Friday 24 December 2021

Astrid's Photo Hunt Challenge for the week ending 24/12/2021

This Christmas week's word chosen by Astrid is Stockings.  I presume she means Christmas stockings but I have a big problem.  We have been off line for nearly a week and connection only came back yesterday.  So I have not had time to search my archives for suitable pictures.  So this week it is one picture only from me, not my usual amount.    

I thought I would not be able to contribute this time, then suddenly had a brain wave - I do have two little stockings for the Christmas tree.  In 1994 when we were living in South Africa my mother came to stay with us for Christmas. She brought with her two little stockings, each containing a tiny box - 4cms x 3cms - and in that was a chocolate wrapped in matching paper.  The box was decorated with pictures of the Snowman from the film that was out then. I see the writing is coming off one stocking.   Some years ago I opened and tried one of the chocolates and it was so stale but the other is still in its box.  Happy memories of a hot Christmas with both B's mother and mine and our son D.  We used a flower from a sisal plant as a tree, it was at least 6 foot tall, it was most impressive!!






That's my lot for this week.  Happy Christmas to you all.  Keep safe - and warm (or cool if that applies to you!!) 



9 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Carol. Take care and stay safe 💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and hope you had a good Christmas too. Keep well.🎅🌲

      Delete
  2. Glad you made it! Good memories but I can't believe the chocolates inside the boxes were not eaten when they arrived! That would not happen here! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were special from the UK. How could I eat them!! Then when they were stale I had left it too late. 🌲🎅

      Delete
  3. That socks looks cute! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember those little stockings coming out every year for the tree - they are so tiny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, just worked it out....28 Christmases ago, no wonder the chocolate is stale!! 🎅🌲xx

      Delete
  5. Awe, such sweet little stockings and treasured memories. I hope you had a very Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, happy memories. I hope you had a very Happy Christmas too. 🎅🌲

    ReplyDelete