Friday 10 December 2021

Astrid's Photo Scavenger Hunt for the week ending 10/12/2021

 


This week's choice by Astrid is Mugs.  Well, I thought, I don't have many so I better take some pictures of Kate's selection as she  has absolutely masses.!!   We  had all been meeting at Kate's  last Saturday for our annual wreath making and so many mugs were out but by the time I went to take a picture they had all been put away but I did photograph some on display.  



B and I have our regular ones which we use all the time for tea and coffee and then two others which are used almost daily for soup at lunch time.  Brian's tea mug has the Rhodesian crest on and mine a Koala  and a wren. 



Mine is the proper soup mug but B prefers his in a normal mug. 



Below is a set of  four boring looking mugs we use for guests that like a big brew  and two lovely tall brown ones that we always use for hot chocolate drinks. 






I then remembered our mug we always use for a certain Hot Medicated Lemon drink when we have a cold.  That will be at the back of the cupboard I decided, as last year, thanks to social distancing and masks last winter we had not needed to use.  So I started to look for it and then found in that mysterious part of a deep cupboard I can never reach easily that we had so many mugs I had forgotten about, old favourites that must come out and be used again.



I had to show the back as well as I love crazy yellow cat's footprints and the smiles of the other cats.  These were two had belonged to my mother.














These next two were presents, the cat being one of a pair of mugs from Katie many years ago.  I love the way each time I look at it I only see the black cat, then suddenly the white cat appears.  Sadly the second mug was broken.  But this one is now coming out into regular use. 







I had forgotten completely my 'soup in a mug'  insulated cup that I always used when going on a picnic.  




I had only just bought the Schlumberga  (Christmas Cactus, a much easier name)  a couple of days ago and when I found in the back of the cupboard this beautiful mug my daughter-in-law was throwing out as it has a slight crack and I had kept for just this reason. The plant has been in one of those plastic sleeves supermarket flowers are always in so I hope it will relax a bit soon.    

Then at last, right at the back of the cupboard was the little bear mug I was looking for!!!   My mother gave it to us years ago, about 20 years I should think.  She had collected tokens of soup packets and sent for it.  It is a Hug Mug. 




The writing around the base says...You only get a hug from a Batchelor's mug.





So thank you Astrid for helping me find some long forgotten mugs that will now come back into circulation. 

Now off to see what other bloggers have in their mug selection.  I sure some have some lovely stories attached to them. 

4 comments:

  1. You were not late today! I've been too busy (ha ha) to check to see if you had posted your mugs until now. What lovely stories you have for them all. It took me a few seconds to see the white cat next to the black one. We don't have special mugs for special liquid refreshments, though now I think of it Beloved does prefer a particular mug for his soup.... My favourite is the crazy yellow cat one! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been away this week and the cottage had a cupboard full of lovely seaside and Christmas themed mugs but I used the Christmas mugs in last weeks post (silly me) so didn’t really have anything to add this week. I don’t drink hot drinks at all so we only really have a few mugs and they don’t really have any interesting stories attached. Hopefully I will be back in the swing next week 😃

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many mugs for some one who said they didn't have many! I'd forgotten about Granny's two cat mugs - I remembered them in her kitchen as soon as I saw them :) That took me back some years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of fun ones, and thanks for showing some of Kate's too. I do love your koala one and of course all the kitty cats, especially the ones from your Mother, priceless! Your mug hug is the best, because that's what it feels like when holding a nice warm cuppa. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete