Friday 8 October 2021

Astrid's Photo Scavenger Hunt for the weekend - 08/10/2021



The chosen word this week is 'Candy'  which goes with the ongoing theme this month of Halloween.  I don't have proper candy pictures as I have never taken pictures of toffee or fudge that I have made so I have had to think outside the box, far outside the box.  So here goes!


My first candy picture is of candy stripes.  This was some wrapping paper used by our daughter-in-law one birthday some years ago.





and here are more 'Candy Stripes', this time on some Christmas bed socks that caught my eye in our local B&M store. 




A while ago I got involved knitting 'Twiddle Muffs' for dementia patients for our local hospital.  The idea is that there are all sorts of things to fiddle with, mostly inside the muff.  Some had zips in revealing more fidgety things. Texture and colour was important.   They were fun to knit and the brighter the better.  In case you are interested or know someone who would benefit from a Twiddle Muff  HERE  is the link to the pattern.


Look familiar??



Humbugs - delicious!!


I do actually have some edible candies to show you - our favourite has to be Cadbury's Milk Chocolate. This was a picture that I took of some in our local post office ages ago, I can't remember why, but it has come in useful today.





This is a picture I had downloaded for myself as an idea to make at Christmas. So it is a bit of a cheat.  




Finally here is a surprise lot of candy.  I will reveal all next week.  




5 comments:

  1. I disagree strongly! I'd be proud if that had been my post. Love the sleigh picture. My favourite is the zebra/humbug one. So clever. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. My Zebra/humbug turned out better that I had hoped. I had to find and African one just for you.!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You’ve got a great selection. The zebras and the humbugs are my favourites too 😃

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the candy and the look-a-like candy, the zebras are a great duplicate!
    Oh, nothing beats a true Cadbury. I used to get one every time I went to the cinema with my godbrothers and friends. So many more choices nowadays.
    The sleds are cute, someone gave one to my parents and they won't eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't know about in the US but here Cadbury's Milk Chocolate is not like it used to be. The slabs are smaller and much thinner. My husband is a Cadbury's Milk Chocolate fanatic and he even thinks the taste is not the same. 😒

    ReplyDelete